DCS: Yak-52 Update
Although the Hornet and DCS World 2.5 have been in the spotlight lately, the Yak-52 is making great progress and will introduce some great new technologies that will benefit the future of DCS World.
- We are creating a new radial piston simulation engine from the ground up with a highly-realistic engine cooling model. This will have great benefits for future DCS aircraft like the P-47D Thunderbolt.
- One of our staff members is also Yak-52 aerobatic pilot! We’ve had our flight engineers in the back seat to get the flight model and quirks of the aircraft just right.
- A very important aspect of the Yak-52 are the flight dynamics and post-stall behavior. Our team has been making substantial progress to making our Yak-52 fly just like the real one, including edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers. She really will be a blast to fly!
- We are also working to include cooperative multiplayer to allow both pilot and student in the same aircraft.
- When played in VR, the detailed cockpit very much comes to life.
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Available for Pre-Purchase!
Eagle Dynamics SA and Belsimtek are excited to announce that DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase!
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will be the most authentic and detailed simulation we have ever developed, and it will use our unique CFD engine and aerodynamics developed by Belsimtek to create the most realistic flight dynamics possible. Based on exhaustive research in association with Boeing, our Hornet takes advantage of our newly developed simulation engine and it will set a new benchmark for PC flight simulation. Jatka lukemista
Autumn 2017 Bonus Event
Starting today at 1500 GMT and lasting until 27 November at 0900 GMT, you can use your bonus points to save up to 60% on most DCS World store items! Please note that this is a bonus event and not a flat sale on all modules. You can read about the bonus program here.
If you have available bonus points, you can apply them during the store checkout process.
DCS: World War II Assets Pack Update
In our continuing effort to add more content to the World War II Assets Pack, several new AI-only aircraft are in development. These include the Ju-88, A-20, and C-47.
The Junkers Ju-88 was a German, twin-engined medium bomber. Over 16,000 were produced and ranged in roles including bomber, dive bomber, night fighter, torpedo bomber, and others.
DCS World 2.1.1 Update 6 Released
This week we released the 6th update to DCS World 2.1.1. This update primarily addresses improvements to the level of detail and lighting of the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map.
You can find the complete changelog on the DCS forum
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet – Cinematic Gameplay Video 1
With the addition of “Glowing Amraam” to our team as our video producer, he’s been busy creating all sorts of new multimedia content. For this week, we have our first Hornet cinematic gameplay video. We hope you enjoy it as a taste of what’s to come.