DCS World Open Beta Update
This week we released DCS World Open Beta Update #9. Highlights of this update include:
- Several more modules have been moved to the keyless protection system. These include the NTTR and Normandy maps, WWII Assets Pack, Spitfire, Su-33, AJS-37 Viggen, and the M-2000C. These modules are now tied to users accounts rather than keys.
- Many new Hornet additions to include preliminary AIM-9X, AIM-120 active and time-to-go timers, AIM-120 VISUAL mode and AIM-7 LOFT mode, EW page symbols, EW HUD, EW Offset, increased of ICLS needles size, and eliminated deck sliding after landing.
- Many new AJS-37 Viggen changes like corrected mirror reflections, adjusted normal maps, fixes to the SPA mode, custom cartridge settings, and others.
- Yak-52 changes include corrected textures for the 3-bladed prop, hide stick option added, tool tip improvements, primer animation corrected, and more.
Last week we launched our Yak-52 into early access and we are ecstatic about its great reception! This week we moved DCS: Yak-52 to the release version of DCS World. Next week, 15 August, the Yak-52 will be available on Steam. Since the early access release, we’ve seen some great videos:
DCS World – Yak 52 – Review by Jabbers
DCS: Yak-52 Now Available!
DCS World 2.5 Release Version Update
This week we moved a large number of improvements from the Open Beta to the Release version of DCS World 2.5. You can read the complete changelog here.
Highlights of the Release version update include:
- All terrains updated with improved file structure and adjusted shaders. In particular, the detailed area of the Persian Gulf map was expanded north and east. This includes the airfields at Shiraz and Kerman, higher resolution terrain mesh and textures, new and improved shaders for trees, expanded road and rail network, new agricultural areas, and new towns and cities. While the detailed area of the map is now complete, we do plan to add additional airfields and landmarks within the area over the next few months. Additionally, we are working on new units to populate this map like the SS-1 “SCUD”, Rapier and SA-2/HQ-1/S-75 SAMs, and the HY-1 “Silkworm” anti-ship cruise missile.
- Cloud ceiling now correctly matches Mission Editor settings.
- Corrected Search and Engage AI tasks.
- Many new features and fixes for the Hornet were added like network spawning on the carrier when catapult 1 is occupied, corrected uncommanded STT switching, added radar SIL mode, added single and ripple rocket pod settings in the Mission Editor, night vision goggles added, and the Instrument Carrier Landing System (ICLS) was added.
- The AJS-37 has also seen many improvements like several crash fixes, adjusted RB-24J and 74 performance, added real-time mirror rendering, completed the manual, added rain drops on canopy effect, and greatly improved the night lighting.
- NS 430 2D panel support added for all aircraft but A-10C, F/A-18C and Ka-50.
Next week, we will provide the next update to the Open Beta. Jatka lukemista
NS 430 Update
In addition to the NS 430 GPS navigation and communication system being available as cockpit instrument for the Mi-8MTV2, we are now offering it as a cockpit instrument for the L-39 and as a 2D, mouse-interactive Pop-Op Window for most other aircraft. The 2D Pop-Up Window (not currently VR compatible) is available for all aircraft that don’t already have a modern navigation and communication system. This allows you to use the NS 430 for many aircraft like all the World War II aircraft, Korean War era aircraft, Flaming Cliffs/MAC aircraft, and others.
This version is now available from our e-Shop for $10.99 USD.
As a special bonus to current owners of the NS 430 for the Mi-8MTV2, we are offering you the Pop-Up Window version for free!
Modern Air Combat by Eagle Dynamics Coming this Autumn!
Developed by the same studio that brought you the wildly successful Lock On, Modern Air Combat (MAC) brings you one game with 14 unique combat aircraft to own the sky! MAC aircraft include:
F-15C Eagle. US air superiority fighter with 104 kills to 0 losses record.
Su-27 Flanker B. Russia’s dominate air superiority fighter.
Su-33 Flanker D. The Russian navy’s carrier capable version of the Flanker B.
J-11A Flanker B+. The Chinese version of the Flanker B, with R77 active homing missiles.
MiG-29 Fulcrum A. Russia’s widely exported light-weight air superiority fighter.
MiG-29S Fulcrum C. The modernised version of the Fulcrum with latest weapons and defences.
A-10A Warthog. The USAF’s massively successful ‘flying tank’, designed to kill ground targets.
Su-25A Frogfoot. Russia’s primary ground attack and close air support jet.
Su-25T Frogfoot. A modernised version of the Frogfoot with enhanced sensors and weapons.
F-86F Sabre. America’s iconic top fighter during the Korean War.
MiG-15bis Fagot. Russia’s 1st generation jet fighter that opposed the Sabre over Korea.
F-5E Tiger II. The US light-weight fighter that has been operational since the Vietnam War and operated by over 30 countries.
MiG-21bis Fishbed. Russia’s most successful fighter of the Vietnam war. A supersonic fighter that closely matches the Tiger II.
L-39ZA. A Czech designed, two seat trainer that was then adapted to a light attack aircraft. Jatka lukemista
DCS World Summer Sale!
Our DCS World Summer Sale will only last seven more days, and this will be our last e-Shop sale until the end of 2018. If there is a module you have your eye on, now is the time to act. Save 50% off on most DCS World titles from our e-Shop!
DCS World Update
This week we released an DCS 2.5.2 Update 4 the focuses on the Hornet and DCS World foundation improvements. It is our primary focus create a solid foundation for the Hornet, from which we will only then start add new sensors and weapons.
- Fixed JTAC radio communication errors due to SA-18
- Improved blending of material types
- Corrected trigger zone when unit not in zone
- Correct ship ATC radios by adding new ATC client information for carriers
- Helicopters can once again land on the Kuznetsov
- Added network synch for arrestor cable
- Reduced “jitter” of aircraft on carrier deck in network play
- Improved realism of AI carrier landings
- World color table adjustments
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet