Red Army Day 100th Anniversary Sale
First celebrated in 1918, Red Army Day commemorates the Red Army victory over German forces in the battle for the city of Pskov. This holiday, celebrated on 23 February, celebrates those that are serving and have served with the Russian Armed Forces. A highlight of the day is the laying of wreaths and at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Moscow.
To celebrate this day, we are offering a sale on Russian aircraft modules from today and lasting until March 5 with -30% off. Jatka lukemista
DCS World 2.5 Update
Since last week’s newsletter, the team continues to address items discovered during the Open Beta test period. Items such as fog discoloration, night lighting, multiplayer performance, load times, and others are all being addressed for the release version. It is very important that any changes made for the DCS World 2.5 release version maintain or improve game performance of the 2.5 Open Beta.
Since the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta release, we have released three Hot Fixes. You can read their change logs on the DCS forum
Once we feel that all the significant issues of the 2.5 Open Beta have been resolved, we will then release the DCS World 2.5 installer and update to DCS World 2.5. Jatka lukemista
DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Update
Last week we launched the Open Beta version of DCS World 2.5, and your initial reports have been very helpful for us to reach a high-quality release version. The team is working very hard to bring the DCS World 2.5 release version to you as soon as possible. We have been reading all your feedback and striving to address all valid issues.
Less than a week after the 2.5 OB release, we released a hot fix which you can read about on the forum in special thread
Earlier than initially planned, we also released the Open Beta of DCS World of 2.5 to Steam, which you can read about in the Steam news
DCS World 2.5 has been a significant advancement for DCS World and we are heartened by all the kind words of appreciation, thank you! Jatka lukemista
DCS World 2.5.0 Update
Yes, we are still on track to release by the end of this month! Last week we created a test version of the DCS World 2.5.0 branch and we and our testers are hammering away on it. DCS World 2.5.0 will be released as an update to the Open Beta on 31 January 2018, and the 2.5.0 Open Beta installer will be available the next day. We are staggering these to avoid overloading our file servers.
The 2.5.0 “Release” version will launch a week or two later, depending on how the Open Beta release goes.
DCS: Yak-52 Update
Although the Hornet and DCS World 2.5 have been in the spotlight lately, the Yak-52 is making great progress and will introduce some great new technologies that will benefit the future of DCS World.
- We are creating a new radial piston simulation engine from the ground up with a highly-realistic engine cooling model. This will have great benefits for future DCS aircraft like the P-47D Thunderbolt.
- One of our staff members is also Yak-52 aerobatic pilot! We’ve had our flight engineers in the back seat to get the flight model and quirks of the aircraft just right.
- A very important aspect of the Yak-52 are the flight dynamics and post-stall behavior. Our team has been making substantial progress to making our Yak-52 fly just like the real one, including edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers. She really will be a blast to fly!
- We are also working to include cooperative multiplayer to allow both pilot and student in the same aircraft.
- When played in VR, the detailed cockpit very much comes to life.