DCS World Open Beta News
This week we updated the Open Beta of DCS World 2.5 to include a number of fixes and additions. Highlights of this week’s Open Beta update include:
- Addressed an intermittent multiplayer host crash.
- Fixed a crash related to multi-monitor use.
- Corrected VR issues related to 4K monitors and cursor scale.
- Aircraft carrier catapult adjusted for low temperature conditions.
- Added work-in-progress update to properties of Medium and High PRF radar emission. There is a known issue with Medium PRF with high-aspect targets.
- Hornet ACM boresight mode extended to 10 nm.
- Corrected UH-1H glass transparency.
- Numerous AJS-37 fixes and improvements.
- Added the Yak-52 to the Logbook.
DCS World Helicopter Autumn Sale Pack Now Available!
Now available and lasting until September 30th, 2018, we are offering all four DCS World helicopters for just $69.99! Normally a $199.96 value; this is a 65% saving on each helicopter. DCS World offers some of the most realistic helicopter simulations available on the PC, and nothing compares to the helicopter combat environment that DCS World offers.
Over the past few months we’ve been fairly silent due to the ongoing pre-release crunch on the F-14. During this time however, the Viggen team has continued to improve the aircraft as we head towards release status and total feature completion.
We still expect this to happen this year, and do not foresee any changes in this schedule.
Over the next several patches we will be introducing some of the final ”major” items remaining: e.g.: the Ram Air Turbine, in-cockpit pilot, PBR overhaul of both cockpit and exterior, new custom soundset, new missions and campaigns, performance improvements, and plenty more. Once the F-14 launches, we’ll also be working on backporting several new, exciting features that we’ve built for the F-14. We’re excited to reveal these together with the F-14 – and we feel that they will bring the Viggen to another level.
For now, however, the next beta branch patch will launch a number of new, work in progress features and bugfixes:
DCS World Helicopter Autumn Sale Pack
Starting September 5th, 2018 and lasting until September 30th, 2018, we are offering all four DCS World helicopters for just $69.99! Normally a $199.96 value; this is a 65% saving on each helicopter. DCS World offers some of the most realistic helicopter simulations available on the PC, and nothing compares to the helicopter combat environment that DCS World offers.
For new DCS World helicopter players, this is a rare opportunity not to miss. Find here on September 5th, 2018:
DCS World Open Beta Update
This week we released DCS World Open Beta Update #9. Highlights of this update include:
- Several more modules have been moved to the keyless protection system. These include the NTTR and Normandy maps, WWII Assets Pack, Spitfire, Su-33, AJS-37 Viggen, and the M-2000C. These modules are now tied to users accounts rather than keys.
- Many new Hornet additions to include preliminary AIM-9X, AIM-120 active and time-to-go timers, AIM-120 VISUAL mode and AIM-7 LOFT mode, EW page symbols, EW HUD, EW Offset, increased of ICLS needles size, and eliminated deck sliding after landing.
- Many new AJS-37 Viggen changes like corrected mirror reflections, adjusted normal maps, fixes to the SPA mode, custom cartridge settings, and others.
- Yak-52 changes include corrected textures for the 3-bladed prop, hide stick option added, tool tip improvements, primer animation corrected, and more.
Last week we launched our Yak-52 into early access and we are ecstatic about its great reception! This week we moved DCS: Yak-52 to the release version of DCS World. Next week, 15 August, the Yak-52 will be available on Steam. Since the early access release, we’ve seen some great videos:
DCS World – Yak 52 – Review by Jabbers
DCS: Yak-52 Now Available!