DCS World Helicopters Update
Our current helicopter focus is on the updated Ka-50 for DCS: World Black Shark and DCS: Mi-24P Hind. Both projects are progressing well.
The Ka-50 update will consist of new functions such as Igla air-to-air missiles and missile warning systems with infrared missile jamming systems in addition to a substantial graphics overhaul. While new cockpit functions will be part of a paid upgrade, the entirely new and improved cockpit and external model will be available for free. In addition to a graphics overall and new features, we will also take this opportunity to clean up any remaining bugs in the Ka-50.
The Mi-24P is the next helicopter we are bringing to DCS World, created by the same the same team behind the DCS: Mi-8MTV2. This iconic attack helicopter will feature both front and back seat cockpits (including network and coop play). We are confident that it will be the most realistic simulation of the Mi-24P ever created and will add more outstanding game play for DCS World.
DCS: World War II Assets Pack Update
This summer we plan to release a major update to the DCS: World War II assets pack. One of these new units will be the Sd.Kfz.184 Elefant. The Elefant was a heavy tank destroyer of the German Wehrmacht in World War II, and it was an updated and improved version of the Ferdinand tank destroyer. Armed with an 88 mm L/71 gun and heavy frontal armor, the Elefant scored a 10 to 1 kill ratio against enemy armor.
All Assets Pack amour vehicles are being upgraded with accurate gunsights and controls to be compatible within Combined Arms.
Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper for 20% Off
The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it now to save 20%.
Early access availability is planned for early autumn 2019.
Pre-order from DCS e-shop
Pre-order announcement video
The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.
Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its light weight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engines provide a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio.
Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Litening targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).
The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munition, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!
Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper
- Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS).
- The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear.
- Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like ”auto start” are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated after learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine.
- Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now.
- A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).
- Authentic F-16C sounds.
- Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G’s, you will feel like you are there!
- Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others.
DCS World Open Beta Update
Due to a third-party module not being quite ready in time to make the Open Beta 2.5.5 release this week, we have to push 2.5.5 to next Wednesday, 5 June. We apologize for the delay. We hope you will enjoy the Open Beta update that will include VR optimization for the Caucasus and Persian Gulf maps, as well as AGM-154 JSOW for the Hornet.
The Eagle Dynamics Team