Pre-Order the DCS: F-16C Viper and Save 20%
Pre-order between now and the launch in early Autumn 2019 and save 20% from DCS e-shop
Pre-Oder Announcement Video
The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.
Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio.
Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the LITENING targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).
The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!
You can view the complete list of planned systems here
Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper:
- Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS).
- The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear.
- Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like ”auto start” are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine.
- Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now.
- A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).
- Authentic F-16C sounds.
- Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G’s, you will feel like you are there!
- Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others.
DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Available for Pre-Order
Last week we were delighted to announce the start of the DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Anton pre-order. Save now and save 20% until the Anton is launched in June 2019.
Pre-order the Fw 190 A-8 now and save 20% off from DCS e-shop
DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Trailer
Designed for the German Luftwaffe by famed aircraft designer Kurt Tank in the late-1930s, the Fw 190 was the backbone of the Luftwaffe in both fighter and attack bomber roles. Powered by a large radial engine, the A version of the Focke-Wulf 190 was superior in many ways to the Bf 109s and Spitfires at the time of its introduction. In fact, this led to the development of the Mk.IX version of the Spitfire. The Spitfire LF Mk.IX and the Fw 190 A-8 make excellent counterparts for DCS World. The Fw 190 later evolved into the Fw 190 D-9, also available on DCS World.
Many of the Luftwaffe’s aces racked up their impressive kill counts in the Fw 190 A due to its impressive fire power, excellent low to medium altitude performance, durability, and ease of flying. It saw action on both the eastern and western fronts where it was both respected and feared by allied pilots. Armament included two fuselage-mounted 13 mm MG 131 machine guns and four wing-mounted MG 151/20E 20 mm cannons. The aircraft could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs.
The A-8 version of the Fw 190 entered production in February 1944, and it was powered by a BMW 801 D-2 radial engine. In addition to excellent low- and medium-altitude performance, the engine was also very rugged. Along with the F-8 version, it also had thicker armor around the engine. The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations.
Key features of the DCS: Fw 190 A-8:
- Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it’s like to fly this legend.
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
- Accurate Fw 190 A-8 model, squadron markings, and weapons.
- Detailed modelling the Fw 190 A-8 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.
- Battle the Spitfire LF Mk.IX and P-51D Mustang in single and multiplayer games.
DCS: I-16 by OctopusG Available on Steam
Purchase on Steam here!
The I-16 was a Soviet, monoplane fighter developed during the 1930s inter-war years. It was innovative for its time with a low-wing cantilever design and retractable landing gear. It was the USSR’s primary fighter at the start of World War 2 where it primarily battled the Bf 109 Emil. In addition to the Second World War, the I-16 was also used in the Spanish Civil War and the second Sino-Japanese War.
The I-16 type 24 was powered by an M-63 radial engine that gave it a top speed of 462 kph. The aircraft was armed with four 7.62 ShKAS machine guns. In total, 7,000 single seat versions of this famous fighter were built.
The I-16 is a fun and interesting aircraft and further grows our stable of warbirds. This aircraft is particularly interesting when flown in virtual reality.
Key features of DCS: I-16 by OctopusG include:
- Detailed animated 3D fighter model
- True interactive cockpit providing 6DoF
- Realistic simulation of aircraft systems including electric and fuel flow system, engine system and lighting facilities
- Realistic simulation of unique mechanical landing gear retraction system
- High-density textures of the cockpit and external 3 D model providing reflection and bump maps
- Set of authentic liveries
The Eagle Dynamics Team