DCS World Update
This week we moved both the DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations and DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations out of Open Beta and into the Release version of DCS World. Congratulations to both teams!
Additionally, other numerous changes have been moved to the Release version from the previous Open Betas:
- Dedicated server that allow running of a server remotely and without simulation graphics. This allows the dedicated server to be run on less powerful computers.
- Changes to DCS World that include improved ground unit like sight engagement calculations, improved performance, better stability, improvements to the Mission Editor and Multiplayer, corrected scripts, and others.
- Many changes and fixes to the RAZBAM AV-8B NA and M-2000C and the AvioDev C-101.
- Great additions to the Hornet that include datalink/MIDS, more realistic IFF, NCTR, HARM TOO mode, SA page improvements, and many other improvements and corrections.
Please read the complete change log here
MiG-19P Farmer on Steam
In addition to moving the MiG-19 to the Release version of DCS World, we have also released the MiG-19P to Steam this week.
The MiG-19P Farmer was designed by the legendary Mikoyan Design Bureau in the Early 1950’s. The MiG-19 fighter was the Soviet Union’s first true supersonic Interceptor that could exceed Mach 1 in level flight.
Designed to take on enemy fighters and bombers at any time of day or night and in any weather condition, the Farmer was equipped with the RP-5 lzumrud radar in the nose and armed with two NR-30 30mm cannons in the wing roots. The Farmer is also able to carry an array of ground attack weapons that includes S-5M rockets and various general-purpose bombs. It is a lethal interceptor with conventional ground attack capabilities.
We are proud to bring you this exciting addition to DCS World. The Farmer is highly-optimized to work within DCS World and takes advantage of its unrivalled combat environment that only Eagle Dynamics can offer.
Key Features that the MiG-19 Farmer for DCS World by RAZBAM include:
- External flight model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics
- Highly detailed 3D model and animations
- Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit with mouse-interactive controls
- Realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics, lighting, engine and navigation
- High-resolution 3D model and cockpit textures, including specular and bump mapping as well as deferred shading and Physical Based Rendering (PBR)
- NR-30 30mm Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground cannons
- Air-to-Air missiles
- S-5M Rocket pods
- Realistic afterburner
- Numerous skins
- Instant action, single, and a campaign
- Interactive training lessons and videos
Free Maps and Assets Pack for Dedicated Servers
With the release of the dedicated server, the most requested item from clients has been that dedicated servers no longer must purchase maps and asset packs to host missions. We have been listening, and new feature will be brought to you next week with the 10th April Open Beta! Dedicated servers with “no-render” option activated will be able to host all DC World maps and asset packs for free! We see DCS World Online as a critical feature of DCS World to move forward, and the ability to run interesting and varied mission servers is a great thing for you, clients, and us.
In addition, we will be working on further ways to improve and expand the DCS World online experience.
The Eagle Dynamics Team