Celebrating Three Years Over Nevada!
Three years ago, we released the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map. Since then, it exited Early Access and has received many updates, including a massive one two years ago that included 14 new airfields; new towns and cities; additional landmarks; and expanded, detailed texture area. Just as important, the map has been home to a huge amount of content that includes numerous missions and 10 campaigns. The Nevada map has provided a very interesting blend of desert aerial combat in the form of Red Flag Campaigns, Weapons Training, and Aggressors Training, with “fun” flying through Las Vegas, the Hoover Dam and other interesting locations.
We’re happy to present to you this new Nevada map video that celebrates three years of Nevada flying!
Find the map here.
DCS: F-14 by Heatblur Simulations Available for Pre-Order on Steam with 10% Discount
Pre-order from Steam
The Grumman F-14 Tomcat was a two-crew, variable geometry, maritime air superiority fighter that served with the US Navy for 32 years and continues to serve with the IRIAF in Iran. The F-14 was the US Navy’s frontline fighter from the 1970s until the mid-2000s. Over the course of its long service life it also became the US Navy’s premier precision ground-attack platform and lone airborne reconnaissance asset.
Outstanding features of the aircraft are the swing-wing configuration, crew of two, and the powerful AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) and radar. The AWG-9 allows employment of the powerful AIM-54 Phoenix air to air missile while the LANTIRN pod allows the ability to carry out precision ground strikes using laser guided bombs. The F-14 Tomcat was present during many pivotal historic moments such as the two Gulf of Sidra incidents, Operation Desert storm in Iraq, the conflict in Yugoslavia, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was also immortalized in the iconic motion picture, Top Gun, and starred in several other feature films including The Final Countdown, Executive Decision, and others.
DCS World 2.5 Update
Due to some issues we wish to resolve in the Open Beta before moving it to the Release version, there will be no update to the Release version this week. For next week though, on 21 November, we plan to include the following in the new Open Beta:
- Corrected Hornet radar break-lock, elevation scanning, and ACM modes.
- Integration of radar lock data onto the JHMCS for the Hornet.
- Addition of infrared-guided AGM-65 Mavericks for the Hornet.
- Corrected CLIMB function for the Hornet FPAS page.
- Corrected remaining AGM-65E errors.
- Updated Hornet Early Access Guide.
- Updated Persian Gulf map with additions of Kish Island airfield, Al Bateen airfield, Lavan Island airfield, Bandar-e-Jask airfield, Abu Dhabi International Airport, Sas Al Nakheel airfield, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center, and the Yas Viceroy with Formula 1 racetrack.
- Continued tuning and improvements to the MiG-29 flight and engine model.