DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX and DCS: Normandy 1944 Map Updates
DCS World War II has two great updates this week! The first is the addition of several new features to the Spitfire. These include a new clipped wing version, slipper and torpedo fuel tanks, the ability to carry bombs, and continued to refinements to the flight dynamics. Together, these new features give the Spitfire longer legs and a more diverse mission capability. With these additions, we are pleased to announce that the Spitfire is now feature complete and out of early access.
The second big DCS World War II element is a substantial update to the Normandy 1944 map. The biggest improvements being updated and more accurate airfields, new concrete runways for appropriate airfields, shallow water effects, new objects like windmills and scattered farm houses, smoother beach transitions, regional specific bridges, and improved performance.
Another three elements currently in development, that will also improve the DCS World II experience is the new damage model, an improved sighting system, and improved dogfight AI!
DCS World 2.5 Update
This week we released many new features and fixes for DCS World and several modules. You can read the complete change log in the dedicated thread on the forum.
Some of the highlights of this week’s update include:
- Unique radio frequencies and TACAN channels that can be assigned to each ship in a group now.
- Units now appear as 2D objects in the Mission Editor, rather than an icon. This allows much more precise unit and object placement.
- AI taxi logic around the carrier has been improved to avoid collisions.
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
- Added carrier cold start instant action missions.
- Corrected launch bar to shuttle shenanigans.
- Canister munitions now have variable timed fuzes with height function for much greater accuracy.
- Option for single and ripple rocket launches.
- Waypoints numbers can now be edited in the Waypoint / DATA page.
- DDIs can now be exported. Rejoice home cockpit builders!
- Corrected selection of AG munitions after launching an AIM-7.
- Corrected carrier TCN time to go indicator and added back TCN callsigns.
- Abeam distance to course line added to HSI. Very handy for getting that 1.1 to 1.3 abeam pattern distance!
- Radar no longer easily loses lock.
- Corrected jettison issues.
- New VFA-122 skin.
DCS: AV-8B Night Attack
- Fixed strobe light
- Waypoint edited add for UFC
- Updated Tarawa model
- Training missions for the Caucasus map added
DCS: A-10C Warthog and DCS Black Shark
- Datalink restored
DCS: L-39 Albatros: Kursant Campaign, Available on Steam