DCS World Summer Sale!
Between 21 June and 5 July, save 50% off on most DCS World titles from our e-Shop!
Get great savings now at DCS World e-Shop
With the launch for DCS World 2.5, there has never been a better time to fly a new aircraft, operate over a new map, or experience a new campaign.
DCS World Open Beta Update 5
This week we released another update to the Open Beta, with the primary focus being the Hornet and DCS World 2.5 foundation improvements. Once we are confident in the stability of the Hornet and the DCS World Open Beta, we will move both of these, and the Persian Gulf Map, to the release version of DCS World and DCS World Steam Edition.
Some highlights of this week’s update includes:
- DCS World 2.5 Open Beta
- Map ownership indication in Multiplayer to clients
- Adjusted Night Vision Goggles
- Corrected several radar warning receiver indications
- Corrected subtitles display issues
- Restored flood lights for A-10C
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
- Updated radio modulation selection
- Added basic Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) indications
- Afterburner for carrier takeoff is set to on by default now
- Can now remove pylons while in a mission using re-arm menu
- Corrected selective store jettison
DCS: M-2000C: Red Flag Campaign by Baltic Dragon
The M-2000C Red Flag Campaign is a story-driven campaign that takes place during an extraordinary Red Flag exercise at the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). The campaign backstory revolves around growing hostilities between Iran and its neighbors and a partially successful coup that takes place in the United Arab Emirates, effectively splitting the country in two.
You will take on the role of a deputy commander of a 10-ship strong detachment of M-2000C interceptors from the 02.005 Fighter Squadron ”Île-de-France”. In preparation for war in the Persian Gulf, your detachment, and those from the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Poland and the Netherlands, will spend two weeks at the NTTR to hone your skills.
All of the missions are based on extensive research of actual Red Flag exercises and will each include interesting facts and stories from previous runnings of the exercise.
- 16 story-driven missions
- Over 3,000 voiceovers performed by more than 40 voice actors
- Returning characters from the M-2000C Caucasus campaign
- Highly detailed mission briefings, maps, and other documents that includes Air Tasking Orders and Data Sheets based on actual counterparts use by the US and French Air Forces
- Many of interesting background facts and stories from past Red Flag exercises
- Preparation for upcoming DCS campaigns in the Persian Gulf
This campaign requires ownership of DCS: M-2000C, along with the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map.
DCS World and Captoglove
This past week we were delighted to help show off Captoglove at the E3 2018 show. Captoglove offers what we believe will be the next step in cockpit interaction by allowing the player to interact with the cockpit with their actual hands!
Thoughts and Impressions Video
Combined with Virtual Reality headsets, we are getting closer and closer to offering an ever-more realistic flight simulation experience.