DCS: Yak-52 Update
Although the Hornet and DCS World 2.5 have been in the spotlight lately, the Yak-52 is making great progress and will introduce some great new technologies that will benefit the future of DCS World.
- We are creating a new radial piston simulation engine from the ground up with a highly-realistic engine cooling model. This will have great benefits for future DCS aircraft like the P-47D Thunderbolt.
- One of our staff members is also Yak-52 aerobatic pilot! We’ve had our flight engineers in the back seat to get the flight model and quirks of the aircraft just right.
- A very important aspect of the Yak-52 are the flight dynamics and post-stall behavior. Our team has been making substantial progress to making our Yak-52 fly just like the real one, including edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers. She really will be a blast to fly!
- We are also working to include cooperative multiplayer to allow both pilot and student in the same aircraft.
- When played in VR, the detailed cockpit very much comes to life.