DCS World 2.5.0 Update
Yes, we are still on track to release by the end of this month! Last week we created a test version of the DCS World 2.5.0 branch and we and our testers are hammering away on it. DCS World 2.5.0 will be released as an update to the Open Beta on 31 January 2018, and the 2.5.0 Open Beta installer will be available the next day. We are staggering these to avoid overloading our file servers.
The 2.5.0 “Release” version will launch a week or two later, depending on how the Open Beta release goes.
DCS: Yak-52 Update
Although the Hornet and DCS World 2.5 have been in the spotlight lately, the Yak-52 is making great progress and will introduce some great new technologies that will benefit the future of DCS World.
- We are creating a new radial piston simulation engine from the ground up with a highly-realistic engine cooling model. This will have great benefits for future DCS aircraft like the P-47D Thunderbolt.
- One of our staff members is also Yak-52 aerobatic pilot! We’ve had our flight engineers in the back seat to get the flight model and quirks of the aircraft just right.
- A very important aspect of the Yak-52 are the flight dynamics and post-stall behavior. Our team has been making substantial progress to making our Yak-52 fly just like the real one, including edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers. She really will be a blast to fly!
- We are also working to include cooperative multiplayer to allow both pilot and student in the same aircraft.
- When played in VR, the detailed cockpit very much comes to life.
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Available for Pre-Purchase!
Eagle Dynamics SA and Belsimtek are excited to announce that DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase!
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will be the most authentic and detailed simulation we have ever developed, and it will use our unique CFD engine and aerodynamics developed by Belsimtek to create the most realistic flight dynamics possible. Based on exhaustive research in association with Boeing, our Hornet takes advantage of our newly developed simulation engine and it will set a new benchmark for PC flight simulation. Jatka lukemista