DCS World 2.2 Now Available
Version 2.2 of DCS World released!
The primary features of this update are the addition of the AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL and the P-51D Mustang: Charnwood Campaign to DCS World 2.
You can find the complete change log here.
P-51D Mustang: Charnwood Campaign Available
Created by the same team behind the Spitfire LF Mk.IX: Epsom Campaign, the Charnwood Campaign is a historically-based campaign for the P-51D Mustang over Normandy in July 1944. The Charnwood campaign reproduces P-51D missions flown in support of the allied breakout of Normandy and the eventual capture of Caen. Given the Mustang’s combination of air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities (bombs and rockets), this campaign offers a wealth of mission types and challenges. Each mission is based on real missions, down to the weather, mission times, squadrons, mission tasks, and allied and axis locations.
- 12 historic missions taken from detailed accounts of Operation Charnwood
- Detailed briefing and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files
- Unique kneeboard graphics for each mission
- Hundreds of specially recorded voice-over messages to recreate the actual callsigns and accents
- A wide array of missions included armed reconnaissance, rail interdiction, and ground attack
- Takes advantage of new AI features like Flak avoidance, authentic formations, and improve artificial intelligence for air and ground units
See in the Campaign section of the DCS e-shop.
DCS: AV-8B Night Attack Update
Last week, we and RAZBAM released DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL with a great reception! We are all ecstatic about the overwhelming positive response! We and RAZBAM released a “hot fix” shortly after release that addressed a few pressing bugs. In the coming weeks and months, we and RAZBAM will be working hard to bring the AV-8B out of Early Access and on to Steam.
DCS: AV-8B Night Attack S/VTOL Web Page
Here are some of our favorite AV-8B fan videos over the past few days:
Thanks to all the Youtubers for supporting us!
Mi-8MTV2: Oilfield Campaign Available on Steam
The Mi-8MTV2: Oilfield Campaign is now available on Steam! This great campaign requires the DCS: Mi-8MTV2.
Life in civil aviation is far removed from dangers of military conflict. Instead, it’s based on strict time tables and lunch breaks. Meet a group of old friends: captain Jury Maksimovich Protasov and his Mi-8MTV2 crew. After the events of the ”Spring Tension” conflict, they are again in business together. However, this time they are gainfully employed as cargo transportation contractors, serving the interests of the oil industry.
Rather than combat, this campaign will test your knowledge of the Mi-8MTV2 navigation suite in order to locate oil derricks scattered over the forests. Challenge yourself as a cargo pilot and never have to worry about being shot at again!
- Based on a real-life helicopter pilot missions
- 16 full-scale missions
- Various cargos and mission task situations
- Landing in a different locations and weather conditions
- Over 350 scripted radio messages
- Voice overs for helicopter startup procedures
- Briefing with flight chart maps
- Flight charts are included pilot’s kneeboard
- English and Russian localization – voice overs and subtitles
DCS World Steam Store: