Features of this upcoming Su-33 update include:
- More detailed and accurate simulation of the wing control surfaces that include the leading and trailing edge flaps and the differential ailerons. In addition to the conventional differential stabilizers, canard behavior has also been improved for more realistic behavior. The Flight Control System (FCS) will automatically reconfigure itself depending on the flight mode.
- The adaptations that make the Su-33 aircraft-capable have been updated and improved to include the wing-fold mechanism, reinforced landing gear struts, and the inclusion of high-gain nose wheel steering for use on crowded carrier decks.
- The physical mechanisms by which the arrestor hook engages the aircraft carrier arrestor wire has been greatly improved. Correct physics have been applied to the arrestor wire and its’ interaction with the aircraft.
- The engines now have a “special mode” that adds up to 12,800 kg of thrust (instead of the normal 12,500 kg of thrust). This mode also includes realistic operating time restrictions.
- A new FCS mode used when aerial refueling has also been implemented. When in this mode and the control stick is released, the aircraft will automatically maintain level flight. This FCS mode allows fine-control and thus making it easier to make contact with the tanker within a pitch range of plus or minus 5 degrees and of a roll angle of plus or minus 10 degrees.
- The Auto-Thrust Control (ATC) is used for automatic speed holding and can be fine-tuned with a set speed switch. This can be useful with landing on the carrier.
- The automatic collision avoidance system (“Uvod” mode) is now included and allows safe nap-of-the-earth flying.
DCS World 1.5.7 Update
This week we have released a new update to Open Beta DCS World 1.5, with the primary new feature being the support for the DCS: World War II Assets Pack.
Although primarily developed for the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map, these World War II period units work just as well in the Caucasus map. We hope this provides you another option for creating engaging World War II themed missions.
Purchase the DCS: World War II Assets Pack in DCS e-shop
You can find the complete changelog of this DCS World 1.5 update here
Bundle Deals Continue
We are happy to over two bundle deals that include both DCS: Combined Arms and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack for a 40% off savings:
- DCS: Combined Arms + DCS: World War II Assets Pack
- DCS: Combined Arms + DCS: World War II Assets Pack + DCS: Normandy 1944 Map
These bundle deals will last until 17 July 2017 at 0900 GMT. You can find them in the special offers of DCS e-shop.