DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulations, Now Available!
We and Leatherneck Simulations are overjoyed to announce the early access release of their DCS: AJS-37 Viggen in the Open Beta DCS 1.5.6. This is the product of several years of passion and dedication and we are incredibly excited to bring it to DCS World! We hope that you will have as fun learning and flying the aircraft as Leatherneck has had in recreating it.
Purchase from DCS e-shop
The AJS-37 Viggen is a Swedish double-delta supersonic attack aircraft from the late Cold War. It was the backbone of the Swedish Air Force during the Cold war, serving as the main attack and anti-ship platform. The AJS is the 90’s upgrade of this 70’s era aircraft, adding several advanced weapons and systems functionalities. The aircraft was designed around the pilot, with an excellent man-machine interface, supporting the pilot through the smart use of autopilot systems, radar and HUD symbology in order to deliver the ordnance onto targets from treetop level with high speed attack runs.
The aircraft is armed with multiple weapon systems ranging from programmable stand-off weapons such as the RB-15F antiship missile to the BK90 Cluster munitions dispenser to various bombs, rockets and missiles for a wide range of target types. The aircraft can also carry gun pods and the Sidewinder series of infrared-guided missiles for air defence and self-protection purposes.
Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:
- Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit.
- Extensive and highly detailed aircraft modelling systems such as:
- CK37 aircraft computer with navigation data, time on target, and fuel calculation systems.
- Data input / output interface and pre-planned data cartridge functionality.
- Automatic dead reckoning navigation and terrain contour matching position update system.
- Flight instrument systems.
- Electrical and hydraulic systems.
- TILS Tactical Instrument Landing System.
- Advanced RM-8A jet engine modelling with thrust reverser, compressor surges and stalls.
- Sophisticated high-resolution air-to-ground radar technology modelling the PS-37/A radar including:
- Multiple radar amplifications and filter settings.
- Obstacle detection mode.
- Memory mode.
- Air-to-Air mode.
- Highly accurate advanced flight model based on real performance data and documentation.
- Maritime reconnaissance capabilities to determine position, course and speed of vessels.
- Advanced programmable weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile with multiple waypoints and the configurable BK-90 ”Mjolnir” Cluster munitions dispenser.
- Detailed modelling of over 14 unique weapons and miscellaneous stores with multiple versions and delivery methods, ranging from rockets, bombs, to advanced air-to-ground missiles such as the command-guided RB-05A and the TV-guided RB-75 ”Maverick” missiles.
- Comprehensive 400+ page flight manual.
- Extensive interactive & voiced training tutorials.
- Several campaigns and missions including:
- Caucasus campaign*
- Mini NTTR DACT campaign*
- Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.*
- Instant action and single player missions.
* may not be available in early access.
DCS World 1.5.6 Release
To support the release of the Viggen, we are also releasing an updated version of DCS World 1.5.6 Open Beta today. You can find the complete change log here.
Mission Building Contest
We have many very talented mission buildings in the DCS World community, and we’d like to offer some rewards to the most talented of you!
We hope this to be the first of many such mission building contests.
For this contest, the focus will be on missions that take place the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map and include any non-World War II aircraft.
Please read all the contest rules in the dedicated thread.
A-10C: Basic Flight Training Campaign, now on Steam
Today we will release the A-10C: Basic Flight Training campaign, by Maple Flag on Steam.
DCS World on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/
The A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification campaign puts you in the cockpit of an A-10C Warthog, and tests your ability to fly the aircraft successfully.
Based on real world qualification requirements you will fly 12 performance check rides to execute against pre-defined performance objectives. If successful, you will rate a Qualified rating and proceed to the next performance objective.
You will be rated on the following areas and these results will form your final rating:
- General knowledge, airmanship and safety.
- Pre-takeoff, and takeoff.
- Navigation and maneuvers.
- Approach, landing and after landing.
- Communications and task prioritization.
The campaign covers a number of key areas including Start-Up and Shutdown, Takeoffs and Landings, Traffic Patterns, Basic, Advanced and Aerobatic Maneuvers, Emergencies, Formation Flying and Instrument Flight Plan Navigation.
There are over 2300 voiceovers and over 170 pages of briefing material including the A-10C Amplified Checklist, Maps, Diagrams, and Mission Data cards.