DCS: F-5E Tiger II Out of Early Access
This past week Belsimtek resolved the remaining issues to bring the Tiger II out of Early Access status. These included:
- Inverted spins have been simulated
- UHF radio – Hinged access door will now open
- AIM-9 tone will not be heard if both wingtips are gone
- Landing gear audible warning will be heard when warning test switch is enabled
- TACAN channel selector animation has been corrected
- Fixed RWR sound issues with new contacts
- Wing bend and twist due to G-loads has been corrected
- Changing TACAN channel will not interrupt current radio chat
- Input: Added some axis commands for TDC, rudder trim, lights etc.
- With an F-5E air start, the aircraft will be trimmed to the assigned speed like it is implemented for all other aircraft
- Aileron limiter now disabled at cold start
- Single player missions added
- Added inert and training stores
- Added wing damage with high G overload
- Drag chute cannot be fully deployed without an airstream
- Drag chute model corrected
- Fixed missing right wing light halo
- Corrected training missions triggers (setting course).
- Some corrections to Flight Manual
- Added pilot to cockpit
- Fixed fuel pressure lights simultaneously going off after single engine start
- Fixed oxygen pressure gage showing 0 after turning off supply lever
- Fixed chaff program execution when single flare is selected
- Added IFF input commands
Belsimtek has (as always) done an amazing job with this aircraft and exemplifies the high level of quality and detail that DCS World modules bring.
With the Tiger II exiting Early Access, we are celebrating this with a sale and two bundle deals! Between today at 1500 GMT and lasting until Monday, 21 November, purchase the Tiger II at 20% off.
DCS: F-5E Tiger II Sale and Bundle Deals
We are also offering two new bundles with 40% off:
- DCS: F-5E Tiger II + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map
- DCS: F-5E Tiger II + DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3
These bundle deals start today at 1500 GMT and last until Monday, 14 November at 0900 GMT.
Get them here at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c…pecial_offers/
DCS World 1.5.5 from Open Beta to Release Version
Last week we released the Open Beta version of DCS World 1.5.5. You can read the changelog here:
Based on both internal and external testing, we have decided to move version 1.5.5 from Open Beta to the release version today.
You can download the complete installer here:
If you already have DCS World 1.5 installed, please either run 1.5 to start the updater or manually update by selecting Update DCS World from your Windows Start Menu / Eagle Dynamics.
DCS World 2.5 Update
We have determined that the DCS World 2.5 update will not be available in 2016 as we had earlier hoped. This is mainly due to additional work needing to be done of the Caucasus map update, and we don’t feel it can be accomplished within the next two months at a high level of quality. Before we can complete this map update, we first need to finalize and release both the Nevada map update and the Normandy map. Those, along with the Spitfire, are now our highest priorities. Once the Nevada update and the Normandy map tasks are complete, our map team can return to the Caucuses map and move the 2.5 closer to an Open Beta release.
Also, please note that official information is only passed along through our Newsletter and press releases.
As with the DCS World 2.5 update, it was also decided last week that the Hornet Early Access will be pushed beyond our original desire to release by the end of this year. As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we are now very busy coding the various cockpit systems and flight dynamics. However, as this work continues and we acquire new information, the level of complexity has become more apparent and it will take more time than first estimated.
When we do have significant news on the project to share, we will certainly do so. Once the Early Access for this project goes into pre-purchase, we will announce its release date then.